Friday, November 30, 2007

A Few Points About Last Week and This Week

Sorry. I'm consolidating again. The review for the Heinz Field Quagmire is perilously late and the preview for Sunday night's game against the Bungles is pretty late.

So, since yinz ain't payin' me, I'm gonna combine them. How about them apples, bitches!

Monday night's game is a win. That's about it. Can't judge anything you saw on the field because it was more torn up than an old lady who forgot to re-stock the cat food for three weeks. Wet, shitty... I mean, a punt landed on the field and did not bounce. Steven Hawkings had to be watching the game and shout, "Holy shit! I didn't think that was possible!"

Just a sloppy, sloppy game. But, given the fact that it was basically 60 minutes of sudden death due to the fact that you knew a team was only going to score once, it was pretty exciting. I'm probably one of the few people that actually enjoyed it. And, I was probably one of the few that screamed at the TV because I was fired up and not out of frustration.

So... we're now 8-3. And that's damn good. But, we need to keep pushing, especially since it looks like the Jags are going to make a season out of it.

Plus which, since they're not making the playoffs this year, this is Cincinnati's Super Bowl. They want to do to us what we did to them at the end of last season. Ocho Cinco, Housh, and Chris Henry are all back. Carson Palmer's still one of the best QBs in the league, even if he's not having such a great year. Add to that the fact that the offensive line is still in shambles (half the guys are playing hurt) and the fact that Rudi Johnson is running like he's about 64 years old, and you've got a Bungles team that's going to come out with 10 wide receivers and try to score 17 points on each possession.

Like the Browns, they are going to be FIRED UP. Like every team that we've played since the Jets, they're going to come after Ben. And, every team in the league and every team on our schedule will use that strategy until we prove that we can A) recognize the blitz and make the proper line calls and, B) block the fuckers that come across the line of scrimmage.

Like we did against the Browns, we need to weather that original storm and just beat on them. I do NOT want to lose to the Bungles. I have resigned myself to the fact that we're probably going to lose to the Patriots. I'm okay with it. Really. Well, not really, but I'm slowly working my way to acceptance.

If we lose this game, I'm not sure I want to go to the playoffs. The Jets loss was bad enough. If we can't beat a Bungles team that is going nowhere, still has no defense, no running game, and a hobbled offensive line, what the hell is a playoff team going to do to us?

Good teams beat the scrub teams that they're supposed to beat. This is one of those games. We need to beat these guys. That's about all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment