Sunday, May 11, 2008

Penguins, the First Two Games

I wrote the following after Game 1 and never got the chance to post it, but was able to save it as a draft, thanks to the fine folks at Blogspot:

"Okay. I'm gonna say it: I don't think the Flyers have a chance in hell. If they keep playing the way they played last night -- and I'm not saying, "Gee, if they keep scoring two goals a game and giving up four goals a game, they're gonna lose the series," -- the Penguins are going to sweep them.

As a matter of fact, I think it's possible that Philly wins one game and pushes this to being a five game series, but I don't think a six game series is at all possible.
Here's what I saw last night: Philly skated as hard as they could, tried as hard as they could, sold out on offense completely, leaving too many guys in front of the net to make the most of their scoring chances and leaving themselves vulnerable in transition, they tried to kill every Penguin on the ice every time they hit one, and they took a lot of chances that either paid off or didn't.

They gave it their all and they still lost by two goals."

I really have to say that I think the Pens win in four... five, max. That feeling was only re-inforced by their performance tonight.

We overcame an overturned goal and a non-call on delay of game late in the third period... and still won by two goals. The Flyers got favorable calls, got a goal against overturned wrongly... and still lost by two goals.

That's it. I'm tired of being a good guy. The Flyers are overmatched and they're going to lose. And they're going to lose badly. In five games, if not four. I will be absolutely SHOCKED if this series goes to six games. The Flyers don't have it. The Pens do. The Flyers will lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment