Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Steelers vs. Panthers Preview

I have no idea how this game is going to end up.

Both these teams have hugely talented rosters and were early picks by some "experts" to meet in the Super Bowl. They're now both 6-7 and their seasons are kinda lost. Well, Carolina plays in the NFC, so they're probably the third seed, or something, but the Steelers season is done.

One more time. The Steelers are not going to the playoffs. I don't care what the mathematicians say. It's not happening. Okay? Let's move on.

So, you've got two really good teams on paper that are both fighting for their playoff lives (in theory), but they've both been consistently inconsistent all season and haven't found their respective identities. Okay, so we ran all over Cleveland and Tampa. They're Cleveland and Tampa. If we can run effectively against a good team with a good defense, I'll say that we found our identity back, okay?

The Panthers had Chris Weinke throw SIXTY-ONE PASSES in their last game. Chris Weinke. Sixty-one passes. One game. That's ridiculous.

This could be a 38-35 shoot out. It could be a 4-3 snoozer (yes, two safeties). Could be a boring, generic 20-17 game. Could be turnover free. Could be 18 turnovers between the two teams. I really have no idea.

All I know is that Steve Smith has to have a good game because he's on my Fantasy team. I want the Steelers to win, but I'm hoping for the 38-35 shoot out and for Smith to get 4 TDs. I'm in the semi-finals in the playoffs. This is important. It's for money.

So, Go Steelers! But, also, go Steve Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment