Sunday, August 01, 2010

We're Back!

I realized that it had been a while since I updated the ol' blog, but I hadn't realized quite how long it had been. The last post was towards the end of May. For the month of May, I had four posts. Wow.

I have several excuses that involve one helacious summer semester and the fact that I went to Ireland (for those of you that are not friends with my wife on Facebook, I went to Ireland and it was awesome). But, let's just move on and assume that you accept my apology. If you are interested in a full refund, I will also provide that.

Bad news first...

Pirates:

Well, they suck. I don't know how else to spin this. They are 36-67 and Pro Baseball Reference says that they should be worse than that. The ultimate slap in the face was the trade deadline. All the other teams in the league basically announced that there wasn't anyone on the Pirates roster that they were interested in.

Paul Maholm drew some interest, but when all the good teams in the league collectively said "No, thanks, we're good," that was the final sign to me that there is no end in sight to the ineptitude of the Pirates.

Our farm system is toxic, our management is barely competent, and our owners don't care. At this point in the season, they need to go 41-1 to finish at .500 and they need to go 23-19 (five games over .500 when they're currently at 40 games under) in order to keep from losing 100 games.

Basically, I think I need to find the financing to buy the Pirates and go from there.


Penguins:

SIGN A WINGER!!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SIGN A WINGER.

I think we're done here.


Steelers:

Actually, this needs its own post. Not only do I need to bolster my numbers for August, but I don't want to bury this at the bottom of a long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment