Monday, November 20, 2006

Steelers vs. Browns Review

Hey, if I was only going to get one out of two predictions right, I'm glad I got the Steelers-Browns prediction right (even if I was way off on the the score).

We've got one more game against the Browns. I'm glad we won this one, but I'll say it again: I won't get upset about this trainwreck of a season as long as we sweep the Browns. That's the key to the whole season for me at this point. I would like to sweep the Hated Ravens, but I doubt that's gonna happen. More on that later this week.

A few observations:
  1. Cowher still doesn't look like he cares. We were trying to rally to win. Against Cleveland. In Cleveland. We gave up an interception return for a touchdown and a kick return for a touchdown. AND Ben threw three picks. He didn't look upset. I think I yelled more than he did. Just disturbing. And the rumors about him jumping ship and going to be the Coach/GM/President for the Browns next year had better not be true.
  2. Hines ain't playing against the Ravens. It's probably just a knee bruise or a sprain. He didn't tear anything. But, it also didn't look like he was feeling real good after it happened.
  3. The receivers need to be more consistent and they need to catch the damn ball. This goes for all of them (even Hines). If they can be consistent, we won't miss Hines as much against the Hated Ravens. They're starting to show flashes of being a really, really solid group with Washington, Holmes, Wilson, and Ward. IF they're able to catch the ball.
  4. I don't know about anyone else, but I just didn't get the feeling like there was a possible way we could lose that game. The whole time, I was sure we were going to come back and win. And, ordinarily, when we give up two big plays for touchdowns like that, I don't feel that way. Maybe the season's turning around.
  5. We're still not making the playoffs. I mean, if we finish 10-6, then MAYBE we get in. But, KC finished 10-6 last year and missed the playoffs. So, we'd definitely need some help.
  6. We got help last year. That's all I'm gonna say.
  7. Well, that and the fact that the game that turned our fortunes around last year was really the Cleveland game. Everyone thought it'd be close, everyone thought we were overrated, everyone knew that it was a divisional rivalry and you could throw the records out the window... and then we kicked the shit out of them. Big statement. Seriously. Bigger statement than the win over the Bears, which is the generally accepted "turning point" of last season.
  8. Ben has already thrown 17 interceptions. Jesus in Heaven. That's a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment