Monday, January 15, 2007

And, the Patriots Won

I was 3-0 going into the Patriots-Chargers game and really thought I'd make it 4-0 when Marlon McCree had that late interception. Of course, he fumbled, the Patriots recovered, and that was pretty much that. It was a crappy game to watch, because neither team looked like they wanted to win the game. Finally, the Patriots just said, "Hey, ya know, if it's not too much trouble, I guess we were thinking of picking up this victory. Is that okay? You're sure? Because we can... oh, okay. You want us to win. Okay."

Random Thoughts From the Weekend:
  1. Sean Payton is awesome. He's the best offensive playcaller out there. With all the weapons the Saints have and the zone he's been in all season, I would not want to play the Saints if I were the Bears. And, with how badly the Bears played yesterday, I would not want to be them anyway. So... I guess that prediction is still valid.
  2. The CBS executives have to absolutely be cumming in their slacks at the prospect of a Colts-Saints Super Bowl. Colts-Saints = 41-38 shootout. 41-38 shootout = great ratings. Great ratings = good times for the CBS executives. And, out of all the match-ups available, that's the one I'd most like to see. I don't think that's the one we will see, but that's the one I'd most like to see.
  3. The Colts have won both of their playoff games in spite of Peyton Manning, not because of him. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing heading into the AFC Championship Game. I mean, Brady didn't play real well in the San Diego game, but he did just enough to win. As per usual. Man, that guy's great. I really wish we had plucked him out of Michigan instead of the Patriots. Ah, well.
  4. If Sean Payton was coaching the Steelers this year, we would've won 12 games. And, now that I think about it, maybe Whisenhunt's the next Payton. I could see the Cardinals winning 12 games next year in a diluted NFC if he is.
  5. The Saints are going to maul the Bears on Sunday. Seriously. I think they jump out to an early lead, Grossman starts throwing picks like crazy, Griese comes in, and the Saints go to Miami.
  6. Maybe I just said that because there's no way in hell I want to see a Bears-Patriots Super Bowl. Did you catch their game in the regular season? That made the Chargers-Patriots game this weekend look like Kate Beckinsale. Just an ugly, ugly game.
  7. I just don't see a possible way that the Colts beat the Patriots on Sunday. I mean, I'm totally going to watch every snap, but I just don't think Peyton has it in him. The Colts have been able to win in spite of Manning because they've played teams that have shitty offenses that are focused on running the ball. The Patriots have a good offense that is focused on throwing the ball. They'll come out running, just to fuck with the Colts, have success, then throw all over the place. And Tony Dungy will Cowher his way through the game, running his standard game plan, treating it like it's just another game, and the Patriots will be all over them on defense. Seriously. This could get ugly.
  8. Now that Whisenhunt is out of the picture and I don't need to worry about him anymore, the Steelers really need to hire a coach. I don't care who it is at this point, just hire someone. I mean, when the Arizona Cardinals beat you to the punch on something, there's a serious issue. Maybe the Rooneys forgot how to hire a coach after all these years?

No comments:

Post a Comment