Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pro Bowl

I'm actually kinda pissed that Troy made it. It goes back to what I said about Joey Porter back in the day. Think about it. Troy's been hurt for a pretty big chunk of the year and the only game this season where he actually looked like the Troy Polamalu we all know and love was the Jacksonville game... which just happened to occur right before voting closed.

I'm glad Faneca made it. That'll pad his resume and make the contract he signs when he leaves all that much bigger. I'll be happy for him when he gets that huge payday and some team grossly overpays for his services, just like I was legitimately happy for Porter and Kimo when they were able to pull that off. He's also on the wrong side of 30 and he's not worth the money he's going to get. But, good for him.

I'm happy for James Harrison... but aside from a great Monday night game against the hated Ravens and two good games against Cleveland, he really hasn't done anything this season. Just like the rest of the team, he's been up and down. I've always thought that Pro Bowl guys should be consistent. Maybe that's just me.

Really happy for Fast Willie and Big Ben, because it's their first time at the Pro Bowl. Willie has been very consistent this season, he leads the league in rushing, and he has way more 100 yard rushing games than the next closest guy. And, obviously, Roethlisberger has been awesome.

And, I bitch, but I'd probably be bitching more if only Ben and Fast Willie went. So, I guess the Pro Bowl selectors can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment