Sunday, December 09, 2007

Steelers vs. The Evil Empire Review

Well, that royally SUCKED.

We got our asses handed to us. I blame myself. I turned to Weidman at halftime and said, "Ya know, I bet they have a game plan for the first half and a game plan for the second half." Well, whatever game plan we had for the second half royally SUCKED.

I do have a few comments, though...
  1. What. Did. I. Say? About playaction? WHAT DID I SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! DON'T FALL FOR IT. Moving on.
  2. We caught a great team in a dangerous spot. They needed to re-prove themselves to the rest of the league. Add in Anthony Smith's guarantee and that's all there is to say about that.
  3. Our secondary isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. We had a couple lapses, then we were playing with our backs against the wall. If we were able to dictate the entire game, Brady's passing stats would've been different.
  4. We needed to force some turnovers. And we didn't. Bottom line. That's one of the reasons we lost.
  5. Now... work with me on this... it might be a good thing that we lost to them in the regular season. We lost to the Colts in the regular season in 2005 and beat them in the playoffs, based off what we learned. The Patriots lost to us in the regular season in 2004 and beat us in the playoffs, based on what they learned. I'm not saying it's a good thing to lose in the regular season, I'm just saying.
  6. We couldn't tackle, we couldn't block, and we couldn't get to the quarterback in the second half. I thought New England was supposed to be the old, worn out fuckers.
  7. They'll be more worn out by the time we meet them in the playoffs.
  8. It still all comes down to our outside linebackers... and they suck.
  9. We're locked into the #3 seed in the playoffs, that's all there is to it.
  10. The prospect of winning three games to get to the Super Bowl has worked for us in the recent past. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment