Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Penguins-Capitals Game 3

Well, I have to say that I'm happy the Penguins won tonight. I'm happy that the series is no longer at a desperation level (3-0 lead for the Capitals). And I'm glad that Malkin had himself a great game.

But, seriously, it was about time that we won a game. We outshot them, outhustled them, and basically outplayed them the whole series, but they won the first two games. The Capitals pretty much just made the clutch plays they needed to make and won the games based on coming up big in big moments... which is really what the playoffs are all about.

And we kept getting outdone and outfoxed by a couple of fortuitous bounces and a hot goaltender.

So now I know how Flyers fans feel. We did the same damn thing to them last series. Let's hope that this series ends better for the team that "played better than the other team."

No comments:

Post a Comment