Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weidman's Picks, Week 2

Seattle vs. Steelers
This one's easy for me - Steelers win this one, no problem. Not only are they favored, but Seattle's got a very young roster. Sure, that worked against us vs the Ravens, but in the case of Seattle, young = inexperienced. There are only 2 players or so still on the team from when we met up in the Super Bowl. Despite this, they're still not over it and the same ref is going to be in this game - so there will be tempers on their side of the line and a wishy-washy ref. However, I don't think that it will cause that much of a problem.

Kansas City vs. Detroit
The Lions suck now, they sucked then and they're gonna suck for the foreseeable. Don't waste your money and don't waste your time.

Cleveland vs. Indianapolis
This one's a little harder to call. Indy is feeling the loss of Manning and they had a real rough time of it last week. However, Cleveland is still Cleveland and lost by a hair to Cincy - another team I don't think much of.

Baltimore vs. Tennessee
Ravens are coming off an absolute thwumping of their most hated team in the history of ever last week. They're going to be swaggering ten-feet tall and feeling no pain. I see them parlaying that into another win this week. Difficulty: Cockiness and being on the road.

Oakland vs. Buffalo
What can I say? I grew up in upstate New York and I can't stand Oakland. Oakland is favored, but not by much. It's a home game for the Bills, and they stomped the Chiefs last week. I'm a little more concerned about them being cocky than the Ravens, but I see them pulling off the W.

Arizona vs. Washington
Both had equal scores and almost equal quarterback stats last week, but I'm going to go with Steelers West. I have to go with the better quarterback, or at least, the more comfortable one. Grossman is new to the team and there's just something about him that I'm not sure of.

Tampa Bay vs. Minnesota
I don't really have a dog in this fight. When in doubt, bet the line, which is a bare +3 for the Bucs. McNabb's looking shaky and that could make all the difference.

Jacksonville vs. NY Jets
I'd really like to say Jets, but...no. Jacksonville is a heavy favorite in this game, and I always hate when we have to play them (home or away.) They're one of the few teams that Tomlin has a losing record against, and we're better than the Jets.

Chicago vs. New Orleans
Chicago, no question. NOLA had its time in the sun, and they had a hell of a season opener against Green Bay, but I just don't have confidence in the team. The Bears are still Da Bears. Pick 'em.

Green Bay vs. Carolina
I'm going to buck the trend again here and pick the heavy underdog Pack. Home openers after a Super Bowl are hard to judge on. You're amped after a huge win, the crowd is eff'in nuts, the spotlight is on you and the season is just starting - however, they were just too solid to ignore. This is a risky pick, because Carolina is really, really good and GB is on the road - but I still take the Pack.

Dallas vs. San Fran
San Fran's not great, Dallas isn't looking good...it's a tough call. If you want to bet the line, go with the Niners, but I think Dallas has this one by a hair.

Cincinnati vs. Denver
Did Homer Simpson ever own the Bungles? No. I can't say much about Cincie, but I can say that they're going to squeak out a slim win over the Broncos.

San Diego vs. New England
I don't care that the Chargers are favored by a touchdown - never bet against Brady. I can't stand him, I can't stand the Pats and I can't stand their coach's stupid wardrobe, but they get results.

Houston vs. Miami
See the other game involving Florida. Bet the line and stay safe. Miami with a slight lead.

Philly vs. Atlanta
Atlanta only has a +1 pt advantage in this game, which might as well be a dead heat. This isn't the Gladiators vs the Power where it's going to come down to someone missing a PAT. Vick was a man with a plan last week, and he's going to his old stomping grounds. I won't bet against a QB facing his old team, and I'm not ready to bet against Vick at all right now.

St Louis vs. NY Giants
The Rams have the better team but only just. Based on last week's performance, it's not a Monday Night game that I'm excited about, but it's still MNF. Take the Rams by this >< much

Summary:
Steelers over Seattle
Kansas City over Detroit
Indianapolis over Cleveland
Baltimore over Tennessee
Buffalo over Oakland
Arizona over Washington
Tampa Bay over Minnesota
Jacksonville over NY Jets
Chicago over New Orleans
Green Bay over Carolina
Dallas over San Fran
Cincinnati over Denver
New England over San Diego
Miami over Houston
Philly over Atlanta
St Louis over NY Giants

No comments:

Post a Comment