Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weidman's Picks, Week 4

Here we go for week 4. This is an important week, as I gained some ground on Keller last week after my disastrous week two. Teams are shaping up, and we're beginning to see where things are going.

Buffalo at the Bungles
Well, Buffalo made a chump out of my rule of not betting against Brady last week. I still stand by that, as more often than not, he's gonna win - but the Bills are looking really good this year. This one's an easy pick: Buffalo's got this one.

Titans at the Browns
Both teams are on equal footing, wins-wise, with one loss a piece. However, the Browns haven't played against very good teams. On the other hand, the Titans lost to the Jags, who aren't looking so great. Cleveland's got a slight edge, but I think this one's going to the Titans.

Pittsburgh at Houston
This one pains me, but I think Houston's gonna win this one. Generally, the Steelers are road warriors, but after getting shellacked by the Ravens in week one and barely getting out of Indy alive last week, we're looking ragged. Houston, on the other hand, has only lost to the Saints, and they totally dismantled Indy (it was their first game sans Manning, but still.)

Detroit at Dallas
Detroit is undefeated right now, but I don't see them starting the season 4-0. They're due for a loss, and Dallas is no slouch this season - plus they're at home.

Niners at Philly
Vick's hurting, Philly's floundering and the Niners are...not bad, somehow. On the other hand, Philly is so heavily favored and Vick's most likely playing...so Philly it is.

Carolina at Chicago
*sigh* I dunno. Both these teams have been getting pounded on this season, and neither one looks very good. Bears are favored, but their losses have looked worse. They're also at home. This is my hardest and riskiest (read: dumb) pick of the week, but I'm going Carolina.

Redskins at Rams
The hapless Rams are due for a win, and "Sexy Rexy" coming to town might be it. I mean, it's gonna be close, but I think they'll do it. Interesting note: "Sexy Rexy" will always make me think of Rex Manning, and there is no way that Grossman can even anecdotally be compared to any manning. Even Cooper.

Saints at Jacksonville
Saints. That's it.

Vikings at Chiefs
Keller and I have a saying about matches like this. It's like two lepers comparing...um...equipment. Whomever wins, it isn't saying much. So, instead of a coin flip, I'll pick...let's see...how about 'whichever one is courting Max Starks'? Yeah. That's the ticket.

The New York Football Giants at the Cards
Tight line on this one, and the Giants are on the road...however, I have slightly more faith in them than Steelers West.

Falcons at Seahawks
Bird fight. The Falcons are trying to prove that they're better than their record, and the Seahawks are just trying to prove that they don't suck. Falcons by a feather.

Broncos at the Pack
Do I need to reference the Simpsons again? Do I need to mention the fact that the Pack is really, really good? How about the fact that they're playing at home with some of the only fans as nuts as ours? No? In that case, I just wrote a paragraph of nothing.

Pats at Oakland
Never...bet...against... You know what? I'm going to make the risky pick here and bet against Brady. Oakland's looking really good this season, and the only team they lost to also beat New England. I think Oakland's going to pull the upset.

Miami at San Diego
Meh. The Dolphins are playing like the Dolphins. The Chargers are still the Chargers.

Jets at the Ravens
Whoa, mama. This is gonna be a good one. It's gonna get ugly, too. I hate to pick the Ravens, but they're a great team. So is NY, but not as great.

Colts at Bucs
The Colts still can't find their bearings, even after almost getting the better of us last week. I don't think they're going to pull it off this week, either.


Buffalo over Bungles
Titans over Browns
Houston over Pittsburgh
Dallas over Detroit
Philly over Niners
Carolina over Chicago
Rams over Redskins
Saints over Jacksonville
Vikings over Chiefs
Giants over Cards
Falcons over Seahawks
Pack over Broncos
Oakland over Pats
San Diego over Miami
Ravens over Jets
Bucs over Colts


No comments:

Post a Comment