Thursday, November 10, 2011

Weidman's Picks, Week 10

(Click here to view current Pick Em Standings, week-by-week and YTD.)

I gained a little ground on Keller last week, but I still took a drubbing. Upsets can ruin anyone's day. Doesn't help also having to deal with the Steelers losing to the hated Ravens this week.

Raiders at Chargers
Although their records are tied, Chargers are really coming alive, the Raiders are sagging a bit and the Chargers are at home. Take San Diego.

Bills at Cowboys
This is my stupid pick of the week. I know that the Cowboys are heavily favored at home, but I just like the Bills better this season. I know they screwed up bad against the Jets last week, but this is a new week. Cowboys are always overrated, and this season they deserve it less than most.

Titans at Carolina
Another one of those cases where I just don't agree with the line - not even the overall pick. Tennessee hasn't been great on the road - but Carolina is just crap this season and they've lost more at home than they've won. I actually think the Titans are going pull an upset this week.

Texans at Bucs
Close call here, and one of those cases where the safe bet is the home team, even if I'm not wild about them. Play it safe with the Bucs.

Jags at Indy
Crap hosting slightly less crap. I dunno...I really, really don't see the Colts going completely winless this season, and this is their best bet so far. I think the line mainly reflects that the Colts are experiencing one of the biggest melt-downs of all time (citation needed) and not the actual game. Indy brings it.

Steelers West at Eagles
Bird fight, and as in nature, and Eagle wins over a Cardinal any day.

Saints at Falcons
This one is too close to easily call. A few weeks ago, I would have had a much easier choice, but the Saints haven't aged well this season and the Falcons are gaining strength. However, by a hair, I'm taking the Saints.

Rams at Browns
Another crap on crap match-up with the home team being slightly better. Take the Brownies.

Skins at Miami
Going by the records, Skins would be the call, but the game is more than records. Miami's at home and hungry to stay ahead of the Colts (terrible teams do that, right?) so I'm gonna take the fish.

Bronos at Chiefs
I still don't have much faith in the horsies, and the Chiefs are at home. It's not gonna be flashy, but I'll take them.

Steelers at Bungles
Last week was a tough loss. A division loss. To the Ravens. This is something the Steelers can't take lying down. We've got a lot of ground to make up to keep a hold on Baltimore, and Pittsburgh knows this. Also, the Steelers are historically good on the road when their backs are up against it.

Ravens at Seahawks
Bird fight, part II. There's really no breaking this one down - Ravens win handily.

Lions at Bears
I'm sold on the Lions and not on the Bears, oh my. They're not the favorites, but I think Detroit's gonna stack up another win.

New York Football Giants at San Fran
The Giants had a great game on the road last week, but I don't think they're gonna do it again...and, dare I say it, San Fran might just be better than the Pats this year.

Pats at Jets
Okay, granted, every time I don't bet on Brady, he wins...but, seriously - if the Jets can beat the Pats in Foxboro, they can beat them at home...but it can go either way. Take the Jets by one of Brady's expensively coiffed hairs.

Vikes at the Pack
I've mentioned it before, but it sucks for everyone involved when a rivalry is totally lopsided, and they don't get much more lopsided than here. The hapless Vikes are on the road against Rogers and his stupid touchdown dance.


Chargers over Raiders
Bills over Cowboys
Titans over Carolina
Bucs over Texans
Indy over Jags
Eagles over Steelers West
Saints over Falcons
Browns over Rams
Miami over Skins
Chiefs over Bronos
Steelers over Bungles
Ravens over Seahawks
Lions over Bears
San Fran over New York Football Giants
Jets over Pats
Pack over Vikes

1 comment: