Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Weidman's Picks, Week 14

(Click here to see current NFL Pick Em Standings -- week-by-week and YTD.)

At this point, I really need Keller to lose Internet access for the remainder of the season for me to win by sweet, sweet default. However, I'm not a quitter, and I'm playing for pride at this point, just like...

Cleveland at Steelers:
Okay, here's the deal. The Brownies are number 4 with a bullet in our division, they're practically 0-for-the-century against the Steelers at home, they're not entirely sure what 1st and 10 means....buuuuuuuuuut, they've made it their team identity to eff up other teams' seasons. We can't lose any more divisional games because of the hated Ravens, and that includes this one. I don't think there's a chance in hell the Steelers lose, but I reserve the right of "I told ya so."

Kansas City at Jets:
KC isn't a scary team, but they're not a bad team. However, the Jets are a scary, and they're at home.

Tampa Bay at Jacksonville:
This is a "pick the home team" situation. There's nothing salvageable about either team.

New England at Washington:
Finally, a road team pick. Unsurprisingly, it's 'cause it's New England matching up with Washington. Washington is on a lose-way-more-than-they-win streak, and NE is NE. Not much hope for the home team in this fight.

Atlanta at Carolina:
The line is real close on this one, with a slight edge to the Falcons. Normally in a situation like this, I'd be leaning towards the home team despite that. However, that home team is the Panthers, and I think that line is very generous towards them

Indianapolis at Baltimore:
We really, really need the Hated Ravens to lose one in the worst way. That being said, I will have no problems with this pick being wrong. Even so, the Ravens are in - if not a can't lose - a shouldn't lose situation, even without holding the tiebreaker over us. The Colts can make a statement with a win, but at this point, the only team they could win against is one in garbage time on the season.

Philly at Miami:
It takes a lot for me to take Miami, but the Eagles are there to provide that "lot" for me.

Minnesota at Detroit:
Easy pick is easy. Even with a key suspension that I'm not going to spell again this week, Detroit is more than prepared to stop the Vikings.

NOLA at Tennessee:
Saints are only two games to the better in the standings and are on the road, but I think they'll still pull this off without much trouble.

Houston at Cincinnati:
Cincy is still in the hunt, despite losing to us. They need to win this one. They're at home, which works in their favor, but the Texans are good. It's not going to be easy, but they will pull this out because they have to.

Chicago at Denver:
Records are totally matched up, and they're both pretty good teams this season. Denver has surprised me a number times this year, but Chicago has also infuriated me multiple times. I have no choice but to pick the home team.

San Francisco at Steelers West:
As stated before, Steelers West has nothing to play for, not even pride. The Niners are scary, scary good. Good enough that home field advantage has no meaning.

Buffalo at San Diego:
*sigh* I will admit that Buffalo did not perform as well as I thought they would this season. I shouldn't be too surprised, I guess. San Diego is better than their record and at home.

Oakland at Pack:
Sorry, Oakland. Nothin' but love for ya...but Aaron Rogers and his cold-weather warriors don't give a crap. Green Bay is so secure in their awesomeness that they're offering more "stock" to suckers- er...fans out there. Even though they could drop the rest of the season and be fine, I suspect that they want to get out a Sharpie and make use of a premade book cover.

New York Football Giants at Dallas:
Home field advantage takes this one. Giants are good, but I don't think they have a road win in them in Texas.

Rams at Seahawks:
The Rams are terrible at home, they're terrible on the road, they're terrible while grocery shopping...The Seahawks are merely "not great," except at home where they're "good." Take them.

Steelers over Cleveland
Jets over Kansas City
Jacksonville over Tampa Bay
New England at Washington:
Atlanta over Carolina
Baltimore over Indianapolis
Miami over Philly
Detroit over Minnesota
NOLA over Tennessee
Cincinnati over Houston
Denver over Chicago
San Francisco at Steelers West
San Diego over Buffalo
Pack over Oakland
Dallas over New York Football Giants
Seahawks over Rams

No comments:

Post a Comment