Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Weidman's Picks, Week 16

(Click here to see current NFL Pick Em standings -- week-by-week and YTD.)

As if I wasn't dug into a hole as it is, we're in a really crappy part of the season, picks-wise. Nothing is predictable. Teams that are locked up can slack off, great teams can get tired (or be broken as hell like the Steelers), bad teams can be underestimated (or play teams that don't give a shit any more) and so on. Pack lost last week, Colts won - it's "Any Given Sunday" with a vengeance.

Houston at Indy
This should be an easy pick, unless Indy surprises everyone again. I doubt it. Houston wins.

Oakland at Kansas City:
Really close game, and Oakland has screwed me way too many times this year. I'm taking the home team by a hair.

Jacksonville at Tennessee:
Tennessee is at home and is the much better team. They should win this one without much trouble.

Miami at Pats:
Always bet on Brady...especially when he's at home versus a lousy team. Another "easy" pick, the Pats should run away with this one.

Steelers West at Bungles:
I hate to keep picking home teams, and I really hate to pick a rival, but Cincy has played stronger than AZ all season, even if their records aren't much different. Unless AZ really mans up for an upset, they will lose this one.

Denver at Buffalo:
Buffalo started strong and I've been lamenting them ever since, what with their fall from grace. Denver has done everything they can to do the opposite.

Rams at Steelers:
This week hurt. A lot. Also, where they were beat up before, the Steelers are even more damaged now on a short week. They're still going to win.

New York Football Giants at Jets:
I hate to once a freakin' gain take a home team, but I have to. No, seriously - I have to. Stupid two teams being in the same stadium... The Jets almost always end strong, and I know that my buddy Flan is sending serious concern rays their way. That's going to swing the balance.

Minnesota at Washington:
Hey, this picking thing is easy!

Tampa at Carolina:
If there's ever a time to put a lien on your house and bet it on the Panthers, it's this week. Even the Pats are only slightly more favored in their game.

Cleveland at Baltimore:
Oh I wish, I wish, I wish I could take the Brownies in this game. I'll be rooting for them the whole time and will give precisely zero shits if I lose this pick. However, I have a better chance of winning this damned pick 'em pool that I never should have agreed to in the first place.

San Diego at Detroit:
When in doubt...

Philly at Dallas:
Dallas is going to win this by more than one point, no matter what the line is.

San Francisco at Seahawks:
The Niners utterly destroyed us this week. No one has put up more than 75 rushing yards on them all season, no one has rushed into the endzone, they're +45,000 in the turnover battle and the Seattle Seahawks...were a question on Jeopardy tonight (Only team to have the same first 3 letters as their city.) The one point favoring to San Fran is an insult to every good team they've beaten this year.

Chicago at Pack:
Green Bay fell last week, but that's inconsequential. It was like the flaw rumored to be in all Persian rugs just so they won't be perfect. They win.

Atlanta at NOLA:
NOLA still has something to fight for, and they're much better than Atlanta. I'm going to round this out with another home pick.

Houston over Indy
Kansas City over Oakland
Tennessee over Jacksonville
Pats over Miami
Bungles over Steelers West
Denver over Buffalo
Steelers over Rams
Jets over New York Football Giants
Washington over Minnesota
Carolina over Tampa
Baltimore over Cleveland
Detroit over San Diego
Dallas over Philly
San Francisco over Seahawks
Pack over Chicago
NOLA over Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment